in the infamous words of the great Eddie Murphy. Ah yes , i am now an apple head. Story behind it was i wanted to try something new and was looking for something to play with. So i decided to put up my blackberry curve see what i get offered. The story went like this. I got offers from The blackberry flip to a shattered glass iphone. Then i got the one I’m currently using a iphone 2g 8gig unlocked and jailbroken yay. THEN…a day later i get offered a 16gig 2g phone, DAMN IT. To add insult to injury but a great new years to you guys. Apple 3g iphone UNLOCKED. Yea i said it.
Over at Simons blog the dev team there posted on the software they created to do this. Release date is aimed at new years eve.
In the video it shows him working on a mac i believe but hopefully it’ll come out for windows to.
Iphone has won me over not cause of the phone capability, the texting can suck. Its everything else on it.
the fact that i can teather my phone to give modem to a laptop. The fact that i don’t have to be on my pc to be on Mirc etc.
A lot of great 3rd party apps.
Ya long story but i traded my blackberry curve for a iphone. iLl post my experiences and thoughts so far of this amazing device that i despised till a week ago.
Above though i posted a youtube vid i made of me adding genesis games to your iphone.
Thanks to the poeple at hackthatiPhoneandiTOuch for information below
Step 1 Downgrade to 1.1.1 ( if required)
- Download the iPod touch 1.1.1 ipsw firmware file from Apple. Do this in Firefox .
- Connect your iPod touch to your PC or Mac.
- Put your iPod touch into restore mode: – first, turn off the ipod (slide to power off). – second, turn it back on but when the apple logo appears, hold down the home button until it shows the “connect to iTunes” picture. Now your ipod is in recovery mode Next, press and hold the Shift key on Windows or the Option key on Mac (In iTunes), then click Restore in iTunes. It will open up the File dialog. Now you can select the 1.1.1 firmware file you downloaded earlier.
Note: Currently Itunes versions 7.4 and up will install ipod touch operation software 1.1.1
Step 2: Jailbreaking 1.1.1
- Launch Safari on your iPod Touch.
- Visit http://jailbreakme.com/, Scroll down to the bottom, click “Install AppSnapp”. Safari will exit and you’ll return to your springboard. Slide to unlock, you are now jailbroken and are able to use Installer.app.
- Launch Installer.app (version 3). Click on the Install section at the bottom.
- Scroll down to All Packages.Select OktoPrep.Click Install
- Connect your device to your computer
- Click Update. Do NOT click on restore. If you do, everything you have done up until this point will have to be repeated.
- Eject your device from iTunes but keep it connected to your computer. Close iTunes.
- Download and extract the 1.1.2 Jailbreak Utility. Extract it to /tmp/ if you are using a Mac.
- On Windows make sure you have Java installed then double click on windows.bat, on a Mac, double click on jailbreak.jar
- Congratulations! You’ve jailbroken 1.1.2!
One thing when you install the installer app DO NOT INSTALL ANY TYPE OF NEW KEYBOARDS. TRUST ME IT WILL MESS UP YOUR IPOD.If you want to run Mobile Mail, Stocks, Weather, Notes, and Maps on your iPod Touch with 1.1.2 installed, make sure you use the 1.1.2 iPhone apps, which are available here: http://rapidshare.com/files/69144568/iPhoneApps112.zip.html
Over at all things digital I found this article by Walt Mossberg who writes for all things digital and The WallStreet Journal. Hope you Macheads enjoy =). The article is about the “TOP 10 programs you must have for your iPhone”
Now im gonna post how to jailbreak your iPhone 3g 2.0 😉 CAUTION: This is not my article or guide. I found this article over on http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1558 and posted here for enjoyment purposes. I take no responsibility for any damage caused to your iPhone. I take no responsibility for writing the article your about to read. Proceed at your own RISK.
|Double click to launch PwnageTool 2.
The General settings allows you to decide the partition size. Click activate the phone and Disable partition wipe-out. Click the blue arrow button.
Click to select the Download packages tab. Then click the Refresh button to display all the available packages. Double clicking the package you want will download it and make it available in the Select Packages tab.
The Custom Packages Settings menu displays listed package settings foryour custom IPSW. For know leave these settings as is. Click the blue arrow button to continue.
The Custom Logos Settings menu allows you to add your own images as boot logos. Click the Browse button to select your Boot logo and Recovery logo.
Click the blue arrow button to continue.
If you fail, it will show you a message. Click Yes. Unplug the iPhone from the USB. Turn it off, then turn it back on. Plug it back into the USB and turn off the iPhone when prompted.