Apple’s iTunes and Macbook App store.
These 2 places are the same but different. Different but the same in concept. At this point i am probably not making any sense. That is unless your eco system is all Apple. The difference is what it provides for you and your specific device.
The iTunes store provides you with music, movies, apps. This option is works for all devices except the apps which will only work on your portables. MacBooks and iMacs and the mac mini have their own app store. Which provide you with a bigger scale of the programs you may want. For example: Microsoft word on your iPad is designed for your iPad. You might not get the same bells and whistles that you would get with the desktop version. Things are more scaled to the platform they are going to be used on. So if you need to buy media and so on, You can do this through iTunes on your macbook and if you need a program like iMovie you can find this in the App store.
Here is a video showcasing the difference between the two. As you can see iTunes only shows 2 tabs. iPhone and iPad. Most of the apps and games in the iTunes library cater to those 2 devices. Now you can buy music and movies and still see them on all your devices which are linked together. Assuming you use the same Apple ID across your eco system.
So remember iTunes can hold all your media. Apple store is where you buy your software for you desktop devices or MacBooks. If you have any suggestions or comments please feel free to email me. firstname.lastname@example.org
The Command key in OS X.
There are a lot of new users to the Mac world. People who have wanted to try a Macbook or a iMac. Somethings will be easy to do. Others will take a little getting used to. Today I will help you understand what the Command key does. The key with the little butterfly like symbol. This key best resembles the control key in the windows environment.
What is so important about knowing your Command key on your mac? You are thinking. Well it basically makes you a lot more efficient at whatever you are doing. Yes you can simply use a mouse and click here and there. But knowing your commands can speed things up a lot more. Believe it or not, not everyone travels with a mouse. People like myself carry a Macbook Air around on its own. All the extras stay at home. So i find commands a lot faster than the track or touch pad on the Macbook air. I decided to learn and use notes to write down the important Command shortcuts for when I am writing.
Command + c = Copy
Command + v = Paste
Command + a = Select all
Those are just 3 of the many Command options which will vary between programs. Below i have made a video to quickly show how you can find out what commands you need to do things in your favorite program.
To those who use an external windows keyboard like myself at times on the Macbook. Your windows key is your Command key. Only when using a non Apple keyboard with OSX.
If you have any suggestions or questions feel free to email me at email@example.com
http://report.yellowsn0w.com/index.php I edited and added this post about the 3g unlock so users can see what people are saying about the 3g unlock and if it works with your carrier.
Was doing my morning mental jog around the infinite track thats layed before me on the highway of information and one of my favorite sites “Simon’s blog” you can find the link below. Claimed the unlock software and stuff is out. So for you guys i went and got the link and the guide for you to try. Now below is just the text or steps of getting through it. The real guide is here. Pictures and follow through. Enjoy.
This link is for windows users btw. Not sure about mac users, I will look into it and update when i can.
Following the complete guide for jailbreak & unlock firmware 2.1 on iPhone 2G using QuickPwn, I received quite a number of requests from readers to write up the same guide for iPhone 3G. Before you run into the details of jailbreak, you’re probably aware that the word “Unlock” is missing in the post title. A typo? No, so far there is no solution to unlock iPhone 3G. For now, QuickPwn can only jailbreak iPhone 3G. That means you are still bind to single carrier and can’t use SIM card from other carriers. (For starter, you can check out this post to learn more about “jailbreak vs unlock”)
Important Update: This post is updated for firmware 2.2 jailbreak. If you are targeting to jailbreak firmware 2.2, please hold and read through this post first that briefly explain to you the potential impact of jailbreaking firmware 2.2.
Anyways, this post is devoted for iPhone 3G users who want to jailbreak their iPhones. If you can’t figure out a reason for jailbreaking, check out this post and see if jailbreak is for you. Okay, let’s start jailbreaking iPhone 3G.
Preparation for Jailbreak & Unlock
1. First, make sure you have upgraded to iTunes version 8.02 and backup your iPhone data by synchronizing it with iTunes.
Tip: You can download older version of iTunes here if Apple already releases a newer version of iTunes at the time you’re reading this post.
2. Download QuickPwn 2.1 and iPhone firmware 2.1 (3G). Save them all in the same folder. And unzip QuickPwn21-1.zip. So make sure you have all the files in place before continue.
iPhone 2.2 Jailbreak: For those you consider to jailbreak firmware 2.2, please download QuickPwn 2.2 and iPhone firmware 2.2 (3G).
Installing iPhone Firmware via iTunes
3. Next, connect your iPhone to your computer via USB cable and launch iTunes. Select your iPhone in iTunes.
4. Okay, now hold the SHIFT key and click the “Restore” button. iTunes will launch a file dialog for you to select the firmware file. Locate the “iPhone1,2_2.1_5F136_Restore.ipsw” (or “iPhone1,2_2.2_5G77_Restore.ipsw” for firmware 2.2) you have downloaded in previous step and click “Open”.
5. iTunes will then restore your iPhone with firmware 2.1 (or 2.2). Keep your iPhone connected, don’t touch it and wait until the process completes.
Jailbreak with QuickPwn
6. Now, your iPhone should completely restore to firmware 2.1 (or 2.2).
Note: Please activate your iPhone in iTunes first before going to the next step.
7. Launch QuickPwn to start jailbreak.
8. Ensure you have the iPhone connected and then click blue button to continue.
9. Next, you are required to provide the firmware 2.1 IPSW file. Click “Browse” button to locate it.
iPhone 2.2 Jailbreak: Please select firmware 2.2 IPSW file accordingly.
10. You can then configure the settings for QuickPwn. Normally, you can check all checkboxes (i.e. Add Cydia, add installer, Replace boot logo). But if you do not keep the Apple logo, left “Replace boot logo” unchecked. Click blue arrow button to continue.
11. Your iPhone should still be connected with USB cable. QuickPwn requests you to confirm it once again as the Jailbreak process will begin. If you’re ready, click blue arrow button to continue.
12. Now, QuickPwn starts to jailbreak your iPhone. It automatically puts the iPhone into recovery mode. After that, you’ll be asked to hold Home button for 5 seconds. Then hold Home and Power buttons together for 10 seconds. Next, release Power button and continue to hold Home button until your iPhone is in DFU mode (QuickPwn will prompt you when you’re in DFU mode, just follow what QuickPwn says).
13. While jailbreaking, your iPhone will show downloading jailbreak data, etc. And, just don’t touch your iPhone and keep waiting.
14. Once completed, QuickPwn will let you know the jailbreak process is successful. Your iPhone will be restarted.
15. Congratulation! You now complete the jailbreak process with iPhone 3G firmware 2.1 (or 2.2). Lastly, sync back your backup data with iTunes.
Links you will need for the update and unlocking and jailbreaking are
QuickPwn 2.1 – http://i.omerc.net/QuickPwn21-1.zip
Latest iTunes – http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
Remember to use versions corresponding with each other. for example QuickPwn 2.1 with 3g firmware 2.1 and QuickPwn 2.2 with 3g firmware 2.2. Thanks to Simons blog for this guide and info. Guys have any questions or info feel free to leave comments or check out simons blog linked on my page below. Im not responsible for you anything that breaks(they rarely do). Enjoy your new unlocked and jailbroken iPhone. FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS.
I just got my new iphone. Well not new as it is only a 2g but new for me as I have been a blackberry fan boy for a minute. Not sure what a nano iphone would do besides be smaller. Why smaller tho when the whole beauty of the iPhone is the screen that lets enjoy all the content. But regardless of my thoughts on a iPhone nano here’s the concept picture of the nano and the 3g.
in the infamous words of the great Eddie Murphy. Ah yes , i am now an apple head. Story behind it was i wanted to try something new and was looking for something to play with. So i decided to put up my blackberry curve see what i get offered. The story went like this. I got offers from The blackberry flip to a shattered glass iphone. Then i got the one I’m currently using a iphone 2g 8gig unlocked and jailbroken yay. THEN…a day later i get offered a 16gig 2g phone, DAMN IT. To add insult to injury but a great new years to you guys. Apple 3g iphone UNLOCKED. Yea i said it.
Over at Simons blog the dev team there posted on the software they created to do this. Release date is aimed at new years eve.
In the video it shows him working on a mac i believe but hopefully it’ll come out for windows to.
Iphone has won me over not cause of the phone capability, the texting can suck. Its everything else on it.
the fact that i can teather my phone to give modem to a laptop. The fact that i don’t have to be on my pc to be on Mirc etc.
A lot of great 3rd party apps.
Ya long story but i traded my blackberry curve for a iphone. iLl post my experiences and thoughts so far of this amazing device that i despised till a week ago.
Above though i posted a youtube vid i made of me adding genesis games to your iphone.